Be aware of these common risks when designing your websites:
– The property page does not quickly tell you what the Web page is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Site and figure out what the site is about, what sort of products this sells, or what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but that you’ve to watch pertaining to five to ten just a few seconds before you are taken up the real Web site), and also other Web design features that pull interest away from your Web page, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without having links, links that consider you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without links to the home web page (always incorporate a link back for the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they will find all their way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you may have a Web site, you could have a marketing marketing campaign or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Website is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Internet site is just a component to your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a prospering restaurant yet want to market and promote your business appgap.co.za on the net. Creating a Site is great, but if it is not offered and publicized, no one will ever find it. By passing out business cards with your Site URL imprinted on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to encourage your Web page. If you offer a downloadable/ good coupon from the Web site, you are successfully using your Site as part of your marketing strategy to meet while you make money of improved restaurant product sales.
– Failure to attain Web site relevance and content updating. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting a website that is largely out of date. Completely wrong pricing, items no longer available, dated content, and ancient advertising all of the signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is usually suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant material will deter the visitor coming from getting the level of your Web site (the five-second rule noted earlier).
– Avoid a lot of text results. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which in turn do nothing a lot more than annoy your webblog visitor. Have a tendency create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or design that tourists are stressed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Site so that you may overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool ten years ago, employing today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors have a tendency want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the very fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
— Don’t include frames into Web site style. The use of frames within a Web page will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Site design factors to ensure that the Web site is able to be found by search engines.