Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your web site:
– Your house page will not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You need to be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and determine what the internet site is about, what sort of products this sells, www.marloslima.com.bror perhaps what it is promotion within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and audio but that you’ve to watch designed for five to ten mere seconds before you are delivered to the real Net site), and also other Web design features that pull interest far from your Web site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site course-plotting. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, links that consider you to the same Web page, and pages with no links back in the home web page (always incorporate a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where site visitors are, they will find all their way back home! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web-site is certainly not your online strategy. Your Web-site is just a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a very good restaurant nevertheless want to advertise and market your business on the internet. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not endorsed and publicized, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Website URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to advertise your Web-site. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon from the Web site, you are efficiently using your Web page as part of your online marketing strategy to meet while you make money of increased restaurant revenue.
– Failure to attain Site relevance and content modernizing. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Mistaken pricing, products no longer offered, dated articles, and historic advertising each and every one signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering tremendously. Cramming the pages with non-relevant materials will deter the visitor out of getting the point of your Website (the five-second rule stated earlier).
— Avoid too many text results. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and wild effects, which do nothing a lot more than annoy your websites visitor. Have a tendency create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or design that guests are overwhelmed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Site so that you don’t overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your Web site. They were cool ten years ago, but also in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in to Web site style. The use of casings within a Web page will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO integrate the proper Internet site design components to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by search engines.