Be aware of these kinds of common problems when designing your site:
– Your home page would not quickly let you know what the Website is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Web page and figure out what the internet site is about, what kind of products this sells, or what it is promoting within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and sound but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten mere seconds before you are taken to the real Web site), and also other Web design features that draw interest faraway from your Web page, products, and/ or expertise.
– Poor Web site routing. This includes cracked hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that take you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links back to the home page (always incorporate a link back towards the home page in order that regardless of where readers are, they will find their particular way back house! ).
– Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web page is not really your marketing strategy. Your Internet site is just a element of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a booming restaurant yet want to promote and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Web-site is great, but since it is not endorsed and advertised, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to develop your Website. If you provide a downloadable/ good coupon from the Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your online marketing strategy to meet pregnancy of elevated restaurant revenue.
– Failing to attain Web page relevance and content changing. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Completely wrong pricing, products no longer available, dated content, and ancient advertising all signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site can be suffering greatly. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will take away the visitor right from getting the level of your Website (the five-second rule stated earlier).
– Avoid just too many text results. Forget flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and wild effects, which in turn do nothing more than annoy your site visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or design that site visitors are overwhelmed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web-site so that you is not going to overwhelm your internet site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Don’t use animated GIF images in your Web site. These were cool ten years ago, but in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors typically want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the very fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in to Web site www.gidayadair.com style. The use of frame within a Web page will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Internet site design elements to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by simply search engines.